Located in the industrial zone of Hub about 35 kilometers from Karachi, Baluchistan Wheels Limited was setup in 1980 for the manufacturing of steel wheels for automobiles with technical collaboration of GKN Sankey Limited UK. The plant has a covered area of 16,000 square meters and builds on a land of 97,000 square meters. It has the capability to manufacture diverse range of wheels for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, agricultural tractors and 4x4 vehicles. The company is a corresponding member of European Tyre & Rim technical Organization (ETRTO) and its quality management system is certified for ISO-9002 by AIB Vincotte of Belgium.
The Plant is well equipped with highly sophisticated facilities comprising of the material preparation line, heavy and light duty rim lines, a press line having presses of upto 1500-ton capacity, an assembly and welding line with CO2 and submerged arc welding machines. The manufacturing is complemented by two conveyorised paint shops with seven stages pretreatment system and the second one comprises of the most modern Cathodic Electro Deposition painting process using latest paints from Kansai Paint Co. Japan. Specialized facilities of pickling and oiling shot blasting, tool and die making repairing and quality testing/inspection also exist.
The last three years witnessed significant growth in the automobile industry of Pakistan . The rapid growth has been triggered by a regular high growth in economy and increase in the purchasing power of customers. To meet the challenge of ever increasing demand in the country and as well as abroad, BWL brought a wide diversity in the products, currently the company operates on a total land of 97,000 square meters while plant has covered area of 16,000 square meters. The annual production capacity has increased from one million wheels to 2.5 million wheels per annum.